Barbara Lee Supports Commerce, Justice, Science Appropriations Bill
Washington, D.C. – Last week, Congresswoman Barbara Lee (D-CA) voted in support of the FY2010 Commerce, Justice and Science-related Appropriations bill which will appropriate $64.6 billion.
“I am pleased to support this legislation that will provide much needed funding to our communities,” said Congresswoman Barbara Lee.
“Specifically, I am pleased that the legislation includes $31 million for the creation, growth and expansion of minority-owned businesses and $802 million to support local law enforcement agencies through the Community Oriented Policing Services (COPS) program which over 556 local and state law enforcement agencies in my state of California have directly benefited from.
“Additionally, this legislation ensures there are revisions to the provisions which limit the availability of gun tracing data making theBureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF) the central point of contact for all Federal, State and local agencies authorized to receive such data.”
The 9th Congressional District of California stands to receive close to $2 million in federal funding, including:
- Automatic Vehicle Locating Systems (City of Oakland) - $250,000
- Clean Slate Clinic for Community Re-entry and Reintegration (East Bay Community Law Center) - $250,000
Digital Connectors At-Risk Youth Program Expansion (Eden Housing) (Stark, Tauscher, McNerney)- $575,000
- Juvenile Delinquency Prevention Center (Men of Valor Academy) - $100,000
- Juvenile Delinquency Prevention Center for Asian Pacific Islander Youth (National Council on Crime and Delinquency) - $100,000
- Oakland Center for Public Safety at Merritt College (Peralta Community College District) - $125,000
- Oakland Housing and Career Center (Covenant House California) - $250,000
- Youth Non-Violent Leadership Program (Martin Luther King, Jr. Freedom Center) - $250,000