The Challenge truly offers something for everyone—activities, sports, entertainment, competition, and relaxation. The event offers an exclusive opportunity to play in the footsteps of the masters at the La Costa Resort’s PGA Championship 18-hole golf course, enjoy a match on one of the hard or clay tennis courts, and unwind at one of the largest and most popular spas in the country. Plus, guests will be ushered though 40 years of history BLACK ENTERPRISE style with four exclusive nights of festivities and entertainment from the 1970s to 2010—so come prepared with the clothes, dances and styles of each decade. On Sunday, Sept. 5, the NEXT 40 Gala caps off the 40th Anniversary with today’s business elite honoring tomorrow’s headline makers.
Highlights of the 2010 Black Enterprise/Pepsi Golf & Tennis Challenge include:
· Four nights of VIP entertainment from the 70s, 80s, 90s and present featuring performances by Big Daddy Kane; Doug E. Fresh; El DeBarge; MC Lyte; Ron Isley & the Isley Brothers, and additional celebrity guests to be announced
· 3 Full rounds of competitive tournament golf, Friday-Sunday
· Golf academy, one-on-one lessons and 9-hole beginners golf tournament
· 3 days of competitive or noncompetitive tennis play
· Tennis academy, beginners tennis tournament, Friday-Sunday
· Spa services and treatments at La Costa’s world renowned 400 acres garden oasis.
· Health workshops, cutting-edge fitness classes, shopping excursions, and the Zone Gaming Lounge featuring pool, foosball, air hockey and XBOX.
The Black Enterprise/Pepsi Golf & Tennis Challenge is celebrating 17 years of providing the golf, tennis, and spa experience. Since 1994, the event’s unique combination of business and leisure annually draws 1,000 top corporate executives and notable African American entrepreneurs from around the country.
black enterprise, your ultimate source to build Wealth for Life, is the premier business, investing, and wealth-building resource for African Americans. Since 1970, be has provided essential business information and advice to professionals, corporate executives, entrepreneurs, and decision makers. Every month, black enterprise magazine provides 4 million readers with information on entrepreneurship, careers, and financial management. A multimedia company, be also produces television programming, business and lifestyle events, Web content, and digital media. black enterprise is the definitive source of information for and about African American business leaders, personal finance, careers and small business. Visit www.blackenterprise.com for more information.