FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
April 2, 2009
CAMPUS IREPORT CONTEST FOR CNN'S BLACK IN AMERICA 2
Atlanta, GA (BlackNews.com) - For the second year in a row, CNN has launched a Campus iReport Contest in advance of its Black in America initiative. CNN, together with the National Association of Black Journalists (NABJ), will choose the winner.
* Full-time enrolled students from any 4-year college or university are eligible for the CNN Campus iReport Contest.
* The contest submission page can be found at: www.cnn.com/biacontest
* Submissions are accepted now through April 10, 2009. The winner will be chosen on or around April 24, 2009.
* The Grand Prize winner will receive a trip to the Essence Music Festival in New Orleans over July Fourth weekend and a one year membership to the NABJ. Ten runner-ups will receive a Flip Video MinoHD Camcorder.
* Black in America 2 will premiere on CNN Weds., July 22, and Thurs., July 23, at 9 p.m. ET. More information on the programming can be found at: www.cnn.com/blackinamerica
Last year's Grand Prize winner, Travers Johnson from Morehouse College in Atlanta, is now working in book publishing as an editorial assistant in the Gotham & Avery Books imprint at Penguin Group in New York city.
"The great thing about user-generated content sites like iReport.com is that the public has the chance to determine what they consider news and to actively participate in the news-gathering process," Johnson said.
View his winning iReport: http://www.ireport.com/docs/DOC-20793
Viewers and users are encouraged to share their firsthand accounts of the black experience through video, photo, audio or text submissions at www.iReport.com, CNN's user-generated community Web site. Contributors to iReport.com also may gain recognition by having the material they submit to the site -- once vetted and approved for use -- appear on a CNN network or CNN.com.
For more information, visit The CNN Pressroom at www.cnnpressroom.com