LOS ANGELES -- A Who's Who of the nation's top Hispanic brand marketers, bloggers and agency leaders will lead the national advisory board of Hispanicize 2011, the 2nd Annual Hispanic PR & Social Media Conference scheduled for Los Angeles April 6-8, 2011.
A partnership of the Hispanic Public Relations Association (HPRA), the Hispanic PR Blog and the soon-to-be-launched Latino social media content/networking site Hispanicize.com, Hispanicize 2011 will feature a professional development-focused agenda with more than 20 sessions tailored to the needs of Hispanic marketers (brands, non-profits and agencies) as well Latino and multicultural bloggers.
"Our advisory board will help ensure that we once again set a top notch agenda that is compelling and representative of the interests of our industry in 2011," said conference organizer Manny Ruiz. "I'm honored to work with the individuals we've assembled for Hispanicize 2011."
The prestigious Hispanicize 2011 conference advisory board consists of:
- Carla Dodds, Director of Multicultural Marketing – Walmart U.S.
- Maria Rodas, Marketing Manager – General Mills/Que Rica Vida
- Jose Pinero, Director of Diversity and Multicultural Marketing – Microsoft/Xbox
- Octavio Navarro, PR Manager – Ford Motor Co.
- Cristina Alfaro, Communications Manager – McDonald's
- Russell Bennett, Vice President of Latino Health Solutions – UnitedHealthcare
- Olga Romero, Manager of Hispanic and multicultural public relations - Southwest Airlines
- Hector Galvan, Hispanic PR Manager – Sprint Nextel
- Rory Lassanske, Founder/Blogger – Mama Contemporanea (Conference Blogger Vice Chair)
- Jennifer Hutcheson, Founder/Blogger – Mami2Mommy
- Joscelyn Ramos, Founder/Blogger – Mami of Multiples
- Rosa Alonso, Founder - My Latino Voice
- Lance Rios, Founder – Being Latino Facebook Fan Page
- Clara Carrier, PR & Marketing Manager, Communications & Special Programs - Ronald McDonald House Charities
- Lourdes Rodriguez, President-Hispanic Public Relations Association – LA and Account Supervisor, VPE
- David Henry, President – TeleNoticias & Hispanic Public Relations Association-NY
- Maribel Ferrer, Senior Vice President – Fleishman Hillard
- Jose Villa, CEO – Sensis Agency (Conference Agency Vice Chair)
- Roxana Lissa, CEO/Founder – RL Public Relations
- John Echeveste, Partner - VPE Public Relations
- Armando Azarloza, President - The Axis Agency
- Romina Bongiovanni, Senior Vice President – Edelman Multicultural
- Zandra Zuno, Senior Vice President – GolinHarris Confianza
The conference will be held at Hollywood's famous Renaissance Hollywood Hotel & Spa.
About the Hispanic Public Relations Association (HPRA)
HPRA was founded in 1984 as a non-profit organization to establish a network of Hispanics employed in the public relations profession. HPRA has more than 250 members representing public relations, marketing and advertising professionals from agencies, government, non-profit and corporate companies. HPRA is dedicated to the advancement of Hispanic professionals and provides educational seminars and workshops throughout the year. The organization has awarded more than $220,000 in scholarships to Latino students pursuing a career in communications during the last 25 years. HPRA strives to be a resource for communications professionals and for those seeking insights into the Hispanic market.