· Hispanics accounted for more than 63% of the total population growth in Nebraska.
· In North Carolina, Hispanics are growing eight times faster than the non-Hispanic population, more than doubling in the last 10 years.
· 1 out of every 3 individuals added to the Delaware state population is of Hispanic origin. In fact, Hispanics in the states are growing faster than any other demographic.
· The Hispanic population in Kansas grew more than 59% since 2000. Moreover, Hispanics accounted for more than 42% of the growth among the adult population in the state.
· Hispanics in Wyoming accounted for more than 26% of the population growth in the state.
ÂAs the Census continues to release state-by-state population figures, it is clear the Hispanic population is fueling phenomenal growth across every state in the nation,Â said Elizabeth Ellers, executive vice president, Corporate Research, Univision Communications Inc.
Based on an aggregation of the 26 states releases thus far by the Census bureau:
· Hispanic population growth is exceeding the most recent Census estimates by more than 5%.
· Approximately 20.7 million Hispanics in the 26 states released as of 3-4-11.
· Hispanics contributed 51% of the overall population growth in those states.
· From Census 2000-2010 the Hispanic population in these states grew by 52%.