LIVE Webcast Monday – Covering the Uninsured: Options for Reform
On Monday, March 2 at 12:15 p.m. ET, the Kaiser Family Foundation’s Commission on Medicaid and the Uninsured and the Alliance for Health Reform will co-host a briefing with a panel of experts discussing different approaches being considered for expanding coverage for the uninsured and underinsured in the context of health reform. Understanding the basics of these options, whether they build on the current system or propose to radically change the system, is important for moving the debate forward.
Panelists will address questions such as:
* Who are the uninsured and why aren’t they covered?
* How will each coverage option reduce the rolls of the uninsured? Will they make coverage more affordable?
* What are the advantages and disadvantages of public versus private plans? What difficulties might one encounter with particular options?
* What would the cost of various options be to government? To employers? To families?
A live webcast of the discussion will be provided by kaisernetwork.org.
WHO: The panelists are:
* Diane Rowland, ScD, executive vice president, Kaiser Family Foundation and executive director, Kaiser Commission on Medicaid and the Uninsured
* Jack Ebeler, MPA, independent consultant, Ebeler Consulting
* Bradley Herring, PhD, assistant professor, The Johns Hopkins University
The briefing will be co-moderated by Ed Howard, JD, executive vice president of the Alliance for Health Reform and Kaiser’s Diane Rowland.
WHEN: Monday, March 2 at 12:15 p.m. ET.
event details Add this program to your Outlook Calendar.
WHERE: Watch the live webcast on kaisernetwork.org: www.kaisernetwork.org/healthcast/alliance/02mar09
The live webcast will begin at 12:15 p.m. ET.
Please note: If you have never viewed a webcast before, please test your media player in advance of the live webcast.
To subscribe, unsubscribe, or manage your email subscription options,
including your preference for Text or HTML formatted emails, click here.
Henry J. Kaiser Family Foundation 2400 Sand Hill Road, Menlo Park, CA 94025 (650) 854-9400
Washington DC Office 1330 G Street NW, Washington, DC 20005 (202) 347-5270