NATIONAL BLACK MBA ASSOCIATION® INC. LAUNCHES ENTREPRENEURIAL INSTITUTE TOUR Organization seeks to drive bottom-up economic recovery for black professionals with five-city tour
NATIONAL BLACK MBA ASSOCIATION® INC. LAUNCHES ENTREPRENEURIAL INSTITUTE TOUR
Organization seeks to drive bottom-up economic recovery for black professionals with five-city tour
CHICAGO (May 22, 2009) — The National Black MBA Association is positioning the current economic downturn as the turning point of a lifetime for blacks who have considered — or who must now consider — entrepreneurial endeavors. The organization has partnered with State Farm to present its 2009 NBMBAA Entrepreneurial Institute City Tour, a series of business-building resources, advice and opportunities for enterprising individuals who are committed to creating jobs, building wealth, and participating in the economy’s recovery.
The five-city (Atlanta, Chicago, Houston, Los Angeles and Philadelphia) tour will feature full-day immersion programs designed to give practical lessons and insights to individuals who seek to establish or expand an enterprise in a challenging economy . The NBMBAA Entrepreneurial Institute will offer two tracks: start-up, for new/aspiring entrepreneurs, and growth, for existing entrepreneurs.
· NBMBAAA Innovation WhiteBoard Challenge Semi-Finals, where attendees will present their product concept or business idea for a chance to win $1,000 and advance to the whiteboard challenge finals during the organization’s annual conference in New Orleans, which will offer a $10,000 grand prize
· I Want to Be an Entrepreneur…What is the Business Model that Best Fits Me? (Start-up)
· What’s That All About? The American Recovery & Reinvestment Act and the Certification process (Start-up)
· Hide & Seek: Finding and Keeping Customers With Effective Sales Strategies (Growth)
· Growing a Business: Gaining Access to Capital (Growth)
· Networking Know-How
“Our economy and our communities thrive when entrepreneurs thrive,” says NBMBAA President and CEO Barbara L. Thomas. “With corporate partners like State Farm, we want to usher in a second renaissance for black entrepreneurs and communities by fostering and encouraging development through this national tour.
To register or learn more information, visit www.nbmbaa.org.
# # #
ABOUT THE NATIONAL BLACK MBA ASSOCIATION
Through its chapters and events nationwide, National Black MBA Association® Inc. is committed to empowering visionaries via five channels of engagement: education, career, leadership, entrepreneurship and lifestyle. Connect online at www.nbmbaa.org.
CONTACT: Bediah Bell, Beaman Incorporated
email@example.com, 312.751.9689 ext. 16