Rick Gillis Publishes Latest Book, JOB! Learn How To Find Your Next Job In 1 Day
HOUSTON , August 09 /Businesswire/ - Rick Gillis is proud to announce the publication of his latest book, JOB! Learn How To Find Your Next Job In 1 Day, helping job seekers express their worth to an organization in terms of dollars and “sense."
“Job seekers abound as unemployment remains high and recent college graduates can’t even find jobs. I am determined to help show job seekers how to express their value to an organization in terms of dollars and ‘sense.’ Most people don’t realize they need to sell themselves, especially the ‘analyticals’: the IT professionals, accountants and engineers,” says author and job search TV and radio host Rick Gillis. “Job search is sales.”
A job seeker should prepare their presentation and include an innovative one-page, short-form accomplishments-based resume specially designed to navigate resume filtering software and minimize age and gender discrimination. People think they understand keywords, for example, but JOB! will help them understand the keywords as they apply specifically to the job search. The Accomplishments Worksheet contained in JOB! provides the job seeker tips to write a compelling resume, nail the interview and communicate with the hiring manager. In addition, Gillis tackles:
1. The #1 reason your resume is not being read.
2. What is your work worth? Why can’t you tell me? You’re outta here!
3. The piece of information all job seekers place on their resume that may eliminate them from consideration regardless of how qualified they may be.
4. Why candidates who land the interview so often don’t get the offer.
5. Why the phrase “Non-Smoker” should appear at the top of your resume.
6. “You already know how to dress to impress, now you need to express to impress.”
Rick Gillis is a pioneer of online job search technology and social media as it applies to the job search. Besides hosting 2 employment-based talk-radio shows and an employment-based TV show, Gillis has appeared on PBS, NPR, KHOU-CBS TV, KRIV-FOX TV and was featured on the Comcast series “Newsmakers.” Gillis has been heard on radio stations across the nation. Print/Online media include The WSJ, USA Today College, HuffingtonPost, Forbes.com, BlackEnterprise.com, The Houston Chronicle and DallasNews.com.