Public demonstration by hundreds of children, youth, local and national Latino leaders who demand an apology for the abusive and discriminating actions by a committee of the DC Council against Dr. Ximena Hartsock, a professional Latina.
- No more abuses against Latina women.
- No more discrimination against Latinos.
- No more sexism! Women and men are equal.
- “Keep the dream alive”
Presidents and Executive Directors of local and national non-profits, leaders from faith and community-based organizations, dozens of youth and children, and members of the Latino community. Speakers include:
- Rodrigo B. Leiva, Executive Director, Latino Federation of Greater Washington (LFGW)
- Brent Wilkes, National Executive Director, League of United Latin American Citizens (LULAC)
- Franklin Garcia, DC Latino Caucus
- Katherine Henderson, Activist
WHEN: Today, Wednesday, October 13, 2009
TIME: 5:15 p.m.
WHERE: DC Municipal Building (Wilson Building)
1350 Pennsylvania Ave. NW