(Media-Newswire.com)-The University of Pennsylvania’s Center for Public Health Initiatives, the Law, Design and Medicine schools at Penn and University of Pennsylvania Health Services are teaming up with the Philadelphia Department of Public Health, the Philadelphia Migration Project, Drexel University and Thomas Jefferson University to host a roundtable discussion on the health of immigrant communities.
The event will cover various topics and communities including:
• Health-care reform and advocacy.
• Health in undocumented-immigrant communities.
• Violence against immigrants.
• Best practices in improving immigrant health.
• Immigrants and access to health care.
• Outreach and services for African and Caribbean populations.
• Penn Asian Health Initiatives.
• Mental-health services for the immigrant population.
WHERE: University of Pennsylvania
200 College Hall
WHEN: Friday, Oct. 30, 9 a.m.–1:30 p.m.